The South Carolina Theatre Association is thrilled to once again offer our Tech Olympics! This event allows theatre students to demonstrate their accuracy, speed, and efficiency as well as creativity, ingenuity, and teamwork in executing technical theatre skills in a fun and competitive arena. This competition is open to all schools (all teams must be SCTA members and registered for the convention). There are 6 challenges that may include things like: knot tying, light focus, prop shift, costume change, button sewing, or stage management, and more for the fastest time.
- Participation Fee: $15 per participating team member (includes T-Shirt)
- Teams are made up of 4 – 6 members. Everyone on the team must participate.
- Participants may NOT participate on more than one team.
- Schools may enter as many teams as they want.
- If you don’t have enough students to make a team – teams will be assembled by SCTA at convention.
- Competition Handbook Guide available online.